Author Topic: *the big tunnel* in/near fort ritner/ tunnelton Indiana  (Read 5625 times)

Offline blacksey

• Forum Users
*the big tunnel* in/near fort ritner/ tunnelton Indiana
« on: October 09, 2006, 06:16:35 AM »
 Its been ten years or so since I was last down there...In the spirit of the season Saturday night around 11pm my husband and I  got the idea to go down there with the kids and try to find it.  No such luck.  we drove allll over the area down there until way past three a.m. Never did find it.   can anyone give specifics?   I know how to get to the general area, just couldnt pin point the location of the pull off to walk  to the tunnel.  any help greatly appreciated!   

Offline GHOST35

• 2011 North Central Regional Director
  • Global Moderator
    • Indiana Ghost Trackers Kokomo Chapter
Re: *the big tunnel* in/near fort ritner/ tunnelton Indiana
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:07:51 PM »
The other post was removed because there were directions to the site.  We do not give directions.  It keeps us from getting into trouble with vandals. 
  :ghost 35
If I'm not here, I must be somewhere else.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Users
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:55:03 PM »
Oops! sorry about that but I got that info from a tourist guide. I figured anyone could have picked it up so there would be no harm done. Quite frankly it really would have still been hard to find for someone who never has been there. Didn't mean to make you work ;)
Won't see that again from lil o' me....
Michelle Hayes 

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
Elizabeth Kubler Ross

Offline GHOST35

• 2011 North Central Regional Director
  • Global Moderator
    • Indiana Ghost Trackers Kokomo Chapter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 04:16:21 PM »
No problem.  That "unwritten" rule is bent every now and then.  We just want to keep IGT out of trouble.  Have a good one!
  :ghost 35
If I'm not here, I must be somewhere else.

Offline Troy AKA: T-DOGG

• Northwest Indiana Member
  • Troy Wilkey - 4 YR. IGT MEMBER
    • The Best Paranormal Website Ever!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 01:23:22 PM »
Okay, so what's the story with this place? Is it haunted?
"BELIEVE YOU CAN SHINE WHEN YOU'RE SILVER AND I PROMISE YOU GOLD" ~ Blue October

Offline Spike_351

• Forum Users
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 02:04:29 AM »
Tunnelton is a difficult area to find, i was there several years ago, its creepy, but not haunted. from what i can tell i am not able to give you directions, look on google maps just a little north west of the medora/sparksville area, you will find it. but its not a safe place to be, as some one who has been around here for many years. its better off to stay out of that area.

Offline Katsu

• Southeast Central Member
  • Ghosts were people too!
    • Miss Grey: a ghostly webcomic
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 11:35:28 AM »
The Tunnelton Tunnel is written about in my book Haunted Hoosier Halls: Indiana University (in the outside the university section). There was in fact one known death to have happened at the tunnel.

However, since it is a live CSX line I suggest no one go walking on those tracks. Not only is it trespassing but there is a good chance that you'll get killed by an ongoing train. We've already had a few deaths like that in North America from ghost hunters walking on live tracks.
Got a ghost story or photos about IUB? Let me know!

* IGT Live Ghost Cam 1