Author Topic: Primrose road, South Bend  (Read 12983 times)

Offline Black Cat

• Michiana member
  • Me and Kala
Primrose road, South Bend
« on: March 07, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »
So a girlfriend of mine knows I am into the paranormal and on a brake from studing for mid-terms, she took me out to Primrose road. She had experienced some weird stuff when she was a teenager out there in the graveyard near the road. As we drove down Primrose, there was a section of the road that my girlfriend said "I think were there". Well we were looking for the graveyard. We both got a bit spooked by this section of the road.  We never found the graveyard. We got frustrated and went home. Then I found this

www.ghostvillage.com/resources/2005/twc_12202005.shtml

Just thought I would share :tongue3:
Carrie Rose
Second Generation Ghost hunter
Roller Derby Referee "Roller Ghoster"

Offline shamrockgirl0307

• Indianapolis Member
  • 1800's dress at my beloved Hannah House
    • Amber's Myspace
Re: Primrose road, South Bend
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:41:26 AM »
I read that. Now I want to go. But not alone.
Amber Nichole Thomas

clearlyanidiot

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 06:53:32 AM »
Contact me next time you are in south bend, and I'll take you there.

Offline shamrockgirl0307

• Indianapolis Member
  • 1800's dress at my beloved Hannah House
    • Amber's Myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:38:46 PM »
Its to bad that I live in Indy. :( In fact, I don't think I have ever been to South Bend. lol
Amber Nichole Thomas

Offline bleszczy

• Forum Users
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:21:31 PM »
Haven't posted in a long while.

For those interested in knowing what Primrose Rd actually looks like, including insight into it's mystery there is lots of good stuff on another forum thread I found.

Go here:  http://chipper955.proboards16.com/index.cgi?board=think&action=display&thread=1079398091

If you ever go there to investigate, don't let the demons follow you home.

[ Note to mods: if posting links to other forums is against the rules then feel free to remove]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:23:03 PM by bleszczy »
Cheers
-bleszczy

Offline Mr.G

• Forum Users
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 09:54:50 AM »
I live in the Bend...where is this place?  Are you really not supposed to go alone?
“The burdensome albatross of a losing football tradition is removed from the  weary backs of the cardinal-and-gold faithful on a balmy Arizona eve.”
                                                                                                 - Pete Taylor

Offline Raging Wolf

• 2008 Indy Chapter Asst. Director
  • Forum Users
  • "When I'm Bad, I'm Pure EVIL !"
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »
It's really not a good idea to go alone regardless. One of the obvious reasons being safety. The reasons for a ghosthunter esp. not going alone is you need to have back up for your evidence. If more than one person gets the same EVP or picture it is less likely to be dismissed as a fake.
Corey

clearlyanidiot

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 06:56:52 PM »
I live in south bend....any time you want to go, let me know...

Offline bleszczy

• Forum Users
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 05:25:33 PM »
Does anyone from South Bend know any history about Primrose Rd or the land owners besides just the bizarre and probably false stories perpetuated on websites listing haunted locations?

With snow on the ground its easier to see into the woods, along the road and mud lake at night.
Cheers
-bleszczy

Offline spawn

• Forum Users
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
Has anybody been out to Primrose recently? Ive been out there more times then I can count. Ive seen a few things that made me do a double take but nothing too crazy. Has anybody else seen anything a little more substantial?

Offline wwood

• Michiana Chapter Asst Director
  • IGT Management
  • Asst Director- Michiana Chapter
    • Michiana Chapter
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 06:22:03 AM »
We (Michiana Chapter) were out there in June. We met with some odd cars full of people and a police officer but nothing too exciting. We had more activity at the cemetery.

-Wendy

Wendy Wood- Michiana Director
Wendy Wood- Michiana Chapter Asst Director
www.igtmichiana.org
www.myspace.com/igtmichiana

Offline spawn

• Forum Users
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 04:38:55 PM »
Did you guys investigate from the road or did you investigate into the woods? I ask because ive done both and ive never really gotten any good evidence. I too have also encountered some interesting people but most people are pretty nice. What kind of stuff did you get at the cemetery? Any plans on going back out there?

Offline Jwm1983

• La Porte Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 02:10:40 PM »
A group of friends and I (about 9 of us)  Went out there about 5 or 6 years ago.  Acouple of people got out and the other driver and I went to the end of the road.  We waited a few minutes and then headed back to pick up the other people.  The other car went in front of me and there were no other cars anywhere around.  We got to the spot where the others got out, and all of the sudden I saw a pair of headlights coming up behind me fast.  The other poeple jumped in the car and we took off.  As soon as we reached the paved part of the road, the other vehicle broke off pursuit and turned into the woods.  Now it had just snowed, and when we went back to look where it turned in there were no tire tracks anywhere on either side of that road.  The little mounds that the snowplows make on the sides weren't even disturbed.  It was very weird.

Offline Katsu

• Southeast Central Member
  • Ghosts were people too!
    • Miss Grey: a ghostly webcomic
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »
Ya know, I lived in South Bend for most of my life and didn't hear about this story until I moved away. How weird is that? I may head up that way during Christmas break when I'm visiting family to investigate this place.
Got a ghost story or photos about IUB? Let me know!

Offline spawn

• Forum Users
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 05:56:49 PM »
Has anyone been out there lately? Iam thinking about doing a little mapping of the woods on both sides of the road. I especially interested in the area that open up into a little clearing. The last time I was back there, I found a small little camp fire circle. I also saw footprints in the mud. It was pretty weird.

Offline Jwm1983

• La Porte Member
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 02:20:05 PM »
My friends and I went out there a few weeks ago.  Dind't really get anything on primrose, but at Adams Street Cemetary, we did get a hit on my K2 and we heard a very creepy laugh come out of the woods.  We got that on the Digital recorder and the camcorder.

Offline spawn

• Forum Users
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 04:28:40 PM »
Has anybody heard of any of the background for either Primrose or the Adams street Cemetery? Ive tried to find some info at the local library but came away with nothing. Any suggestions as to where else I could look?

Offline spawn

• Forum Users
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »
So I went out to Primrose on Halloween. I did nothing but observe and write down everything that I saw. I tried to take a scientific mindset when I went out there. With that in mind I made sure that I was completely hidden and nobody would see me. By remaining hidden I thought this was the best way to get an accurate account what I would see.

The only thing I saw was people going out there to get scared. I saw people walking down the road singing the Bingo song, I saw car after car driving real slow hoping to see something. I saw the people in the woods who had the glow sticks going. (People after my own heart) I saw group after group of young high school age guys walking down the road, doing their best not to act scared. As though walking down Primrose on Halloween is some type of rite of passage. I was out there for a good while and I didn't see anything.

This has not been my first time out there on Halloween and as I put in a previous post I have seen an unexplainable blue light in the woods. While this year I saw it again and I figured out that it is coming from a nearby farm. I was able to use my GPS and plot a line that runs right into a farm. I was glad to be able to figure this out.

I cannot say this enough. PRIMROSE IS NOT HAUNTED. It is a pure urban myth that has been passed down from generation to generation. Ive even gone as far as to do a public records search for that area. Nothing. Nobody has been killed out there. There have been no police reports of animals killed. There has been nothing out there. It is all a PURE MYTHS. Its like a game of telephone that children play in grade school, the story is always different at the end as compared to the beginning. Ive talked to a lot of people about the rumors that surround Primrose and its always " It happened to my sisters, cousin friend" but then if you go and ask that person they will say they heard it from somebody else. I guess all urban legends get started this way.

I can say that Primrose is a beautiful area, both day and night. It has lots of deers, squirrels and other wildlife. But I also know that PRIMROSE IS NOT HAUNTED. This is just urban legends at their best.

Offline Black Cat

• Michiana member
  • Me and Kala
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »
I totally forgot about this post!
The Michiana chapter went out to Primrose Rd to investigate last year. We found no evidence of anything paranormal while were there. We did meet up with a few cars of teenagers. One car that stopped gave us stories of a fridge that was dropped off in the woods which was found to have a dead child in it. A story about a heartbeat being felt under there car and a few other stories I do not remember. We only investigated the road though due to the fact that we only had permission to be on the road. We did not have permission to be in the woods.
People really think it is creepy that there is a clearing before and after that section of the road. There is a reason for this. If you look at the area on google earth, there are swamps in that area. Who wants to build on swamps! I have also done some research and can not find anyone who has died in that area. Also there is said to be indian burial grounds near there but according to a map I have the grounds are actually miles away. I am glad you were able to debunk the lights. I really think Primrose road is all stories. Another urban legand.
Carrie Rose
Second Generation Ghost hunter
Roller Derby Referee "Roller Ghoster"

* IGT Live Ghost Cam 1