Author Topic: Posey Chapel Cemetery  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Chaos -President/CEO-Michael McDowell

• Administrator
    • Indiana Ghost Trackers
Posey Chapel Cemetery
« on: April 21, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
This post is partly to set the record straight for the 150th time. I believe that there are most likey hauntings surrounding Posey Chapel cemetery of LaPorte Indiana. On one occation where I was there with IGT members, we heard the voice of a little girl singing which we couldn't explain.

What isn't true is the legend. It's a complete myth. There was a chapel there at one time which burned down. The Piano was rescued and is at the LaPorte Museum now. No one died in the fire. The legend states about a dozen various stories from a priest burning down the church with his congregation inside to a hanging, to a girl dying in the church and various other stories. Linda Deaton fully reseached the location years ago and found out the church burned completely empty of human life.

There is also no proof anyone has shown me of supposed hangings that occured at Posey Chapel from the "hanging tree". It's a rumor with no substantiation. Nothing has turned up in research which has been done on this as well.

Other then that I'm pretty open hearing about experiences which others have out there.

Any stories that anyone would like to share about Posey Chapel?
Michael McDowell
IGT President/CEO

IGT- The Paranormal organization with over 700 years combined experience.

Offline paleodeb

• Forum Users
Re: Posey Chapel Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:49:35 PM »
Was there once.  Didn't get any evidence.
Just another brick in the wall

* IGT Live Ghost Cam 1