Author Topic: Azalia Bridge  (Read 6640 times)

Offline Katsu

• Southeast Central Member
  • Ghosts were people too!
    • Miss Grey: a ghostly webcomic
Azalia Bridge
« on: June 04, 2009, 02:52:29 PM »
Has anyone heard the stories or have been to this bridge? It is in Azalia, Indiana, a few miles North of Seymour. I came across some stuff on the net about it, sounds interesting.
Got a ghost story or photos about IUB? Let me know!

Offline AngiS-IGT State Trainer/SEC Regional Director

• IGT State Trainer/IGT South Central Regional Director
  • Administrator
Re: Azalia Bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 01:25:01 PM »
Hi Kat,
I think I may have told you this during training a few weeks ago but, just in case I didn't, here it goes.  Azailia bridge is between Hwy 31 and Hwy 11 between Columbus and Seymour, IN.  It's not hard to find but it does flood often in the area.  As the story goes, a young lady and her baby were driving over the bridge in a storm when she wrecked (There was a much older, much more narrow bridge back in the day).  She was decapitated and her baby was launched from the car into the creek never to be found.  It is said that you can see her looking for her child on the bridge.  I have been driving on that road and bridge for almost 27 years (yes....add it up....I'm 43!!!).  I have never seen anything paranormal.  The area has the makings of a good ghost story because of it's location along with the nightly fog that rolls in off the creek.  Wanda Lou Willis speaks of Azalia Bridge in one of her books.  In fact, I believe I have a couple books that mentions the story.  It's a busy road so an investigation or hunt may not be feasible.  Hope this helps. :happy9:
Angi S.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" -Edgar Allen Poe

Offline Lott G

• Lott's Ghost Hunting
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 11:44:02 PM »
Hi Angi,
This is Kevin in Seymour. I have always heard of this story and always assumed that it was the bridge over White River, but think it is actually a smaller bridge over a creek in the area. Do you know which one it is for sure? I saw were a group was there on a hunt last Halloween. Not IGT people, another group.
Was that a noise?

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:45:12 PM »
Hi Kevin,
It's actually the bigger bridge.  It has been rebuilt since.  It was an old wooden bridge at one point.  My sisters ex-in-laws have lived in the area for generations and actually lived in the area when the accident happened.  They say they've never seen any paranormal activity but neighbors claim to have.   :dontknow:
Angi S.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" -Edgar Allen Poe

Offline Katsu

• Ghosts were people too!
    • Miss Grey: a ghostly webcomic
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »
Hi Angi, thanks for telling me the story! You told me the story about the Blue Hole during training, we ran out of time before swapping the story of Azalia bridge.
Got a ghost story or photos about IUB? Let me know!

big_sexy

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 10:22:32 PM »
Is it the bridge on 800 South going across White River? My friend and i were out trying to find it and we went over four different bridges.

scott drysdale

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
hi everyone... I'm a little older and have another verson. the bridge was wooden....that is true. the story is correct with the fact that if you stop your car on a full moon. you can not restart it. plus the husband offed himself and is said to swing order the bridge and you can hear the baby cry. at 12:15am  it is said that you can restart the car.i've driven the bridge for 32 years at midnight....on holloween...stc. never had a happening at all. but the best thing i ever did was take my son and his friends there when they were all about 14 years old. i have a friend who is a diver. i paid him 20 bucks  to turn on a underwater light and walk out of the water. it scared the kids so bad that i didn't have to pay my friend. in fact he wanted to do it again to others that my son knew. anyway, thats all i can add and i can't add no more. thanks.........scott drysdale

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »
Hi Scott!
That is an awesome story!  I love it!  I am from Seymour and have usually worked in Columbus so i've driven that road for about 27 years myself.  I've never had an experience but I will give in to the fact that it's pretty dang scary when the fog rolls in. 
Angi  :coffee:
Angi S.

scott drysdale

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »
that it is, that it is. maybe this is why my son doesn't talk to be much anymore or the fact that he is about to turn 21. thank God the teen years are over. now if only the attitude would change.....anyway have a good night....scott

Offline Lafindog

• Forum Users
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 06:52:51 AM »
Scott, that's a great story!
Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

scott drysdale

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
thank you .......scott

* IGT Live Ghost Cam 1